FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 27, 2017
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Phone: 650.363.4988 | Fax: 650.363.1903 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Phone: 650.363.4988 | Fax: 650.363.1903 | Email: email@example.com
Deadline to Request Vote by Mail Ballots through the Mail is
October 31, 2017
Deadline ensures enough time for postal delivery
(Redwood City, CA) October 31, 2017 is the final day that registered voters may request a replacement Vote by Mail ballot to be delivered by mail for the November 7, 2017 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election. The deadline ensures that there is enough time for postal delivery.
“Voting by Mail provides voter convenience and ease. Citizens can vote at home, and take all the time they need to study the issues and candidates,” said Mark Church, San Mateo County’s Chief Elections Officer and Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot on or before October 31, 2017 for Mail Delivery using one of the four options:
- Complete the application form on the back cover of your Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet and fax it to 650.312.5348, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare a written request, with your signature, stating your full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from your residence address), date of birth, and the name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested (November 7, 2017 Consolidated Municipal, School and Special District Election). Fax or email the request to the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. Fax to 650.312.5348 or email email@example.com.
- Submit your request online through the request form tool that can be accessed via the “Check my Registration/Access My Election Materials/View My Sample Ballot Pamphlet” link at www.shapethefuture.org.
- Request a one-time Vote by Mail ballot over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
To Request a Vote by Mail Ballot After October 31, 2017
All requests for a Vote by Mail ballot after October 31, 2017 must be made in person at one of the County’s three Voting Centers:
- 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
- 555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City
- 840 West Orange Avenue, South San Francisco (South San Francisco Main Library)
Voting Center Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday, October 10 through Monday, November 6 (weekdays): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 7 (Election Day): 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Returning Your Voted Ballot
You may mail in your voted ballot to the Registration & Elections Division or you may deliver it in person to any Voting Center or City/Town Hall holding an election in the county during business hours.
24-Hour Drive-Up Ballot Drop Box
The Registration & Elections Division also has a drive-up 24-hour drop box at 40 Tower Road in San Mateo for your convenience. The drop box, polling places and Voting Centers will close at 8 p.m. on Election Day.
Voted Mail Ballot Deadline
To be counted, voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and physically received no later than Monday, November 13, 2017.