FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 16, 2017
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Phone: 650.363.4988 | Fax: 650.363.1903 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate: Jim Irizarry, Assistant Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Phone: 650.363.4988 | Fax: 650.363.1903 | Email: email@example.com
February 21 Final Day to Register to Vote in the March 7, 2017 Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election
(Redwood City, CA) San Mateo County Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder, Mark Church, announced that February 21 is the deadline to register to vote in the March 7, 2017 Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election.
To satisfy the registration deadline, eligible voters must submit a voter registration card no later than February 21. There are three options for registration:
- Submission by Mail – Individuals may fill out and mail their voter registration card to San Mateo County Registration and Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402. The mailed registration card must be postmarked on or before February 21.
- Online Submission - Individuals may fill out and submit their registration online until midnight on February 21. Please visit the San Mateo County official elections website www.shapethefuture.org and click on “Register to Vote.”
- Submission in Person – Visit the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years old by Election Day. Additionally, eligible persons must not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction nor declared mentally incompetent by the court.
Registration Status Confirmation
Eligible and registered voters can confirm their current registration status at www.shapethefuture.org by clicking on “Check My Registration,” and can find the latest county registration statistics, updated weekly, under “Voter Registration.”
Voters must re-register whenever they move to a new address, change their name or would like to change political party affiliation. Registered voters who re-register are updating their existing record and not creating a new one.
Voter Registration Card Locations
Voter registration cards are available at the following locations:
- Public Libraries
- City and Town Halls
- Post Offices
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices
- Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
For more information on the March 7, 2017 Menlo Park City Elementary School District Special Election please call the Registration and Elections Division at (650) 312-5222, visit www.shapethefuture.org or follow @smcvote on Twitter.