FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 25, 2016
Contact: Mark Church, Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
Phone: 650.363.4988 | Fax: 650.363.1903 | Email: email@example.com
Alternate: David Tom, Elections Division Manager
Phone: 650.312.5222 | Fax: 650.312.5348 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Request Vote by Mail Ballots through the Mail is Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Deadline ensures enough time for postal delivery
(Redwood City, CA) Tuesday, May 31 is the last day that voters may request a Vote by Mail ballot through the mail for the June 7, 2016 Presidential Primary Election. All requests made after May 31 must be done in person at one of the County’s Voting Centers.
The Voting Centers for the June Election are at the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo and the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder’s Office, 555 County Center, First Floor, Redwood City.
The two locations will be open during the following hours:
- Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day)
- Saturday, May 28: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday, June 4: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 7 (Election Day): 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
“Voting by mail provides voters with a convenient alternative to voting on Election Day,” stated Mark Church, San Mateo County’s Chief Elections Officer and Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder. “More than 60% of San Mateo County’s registered voters have signed up to vote by mail in the upcoming June election,” he added.
Registered voters may request to Vote by Mail by:
- Completing the application form on the back cover of the voter’s Sample Ballot & Official Voter Information Pamphlet and mailing it to the address indicated, faxing it to 650.312.5348, or emailing it to email@example.com.
- Submitting the request online by using the request form tool accessed via the “Check my Registration/Access My Election Materials/View My Sample Ballot Pamphlet” link at www.shapethefuture.org.
- Preparing a written request, signed by the voter, that states the voter’s full name, residence address, mailing address (if different from the residence address), date of birth, and name and date of the election for which the Vote by Mail ballot is requested. Mail the request to the Registration & Elections Division, 40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402, fax to 650.312.5348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A one-time Vote by Mail ballot may be requested over the phone by calling the Registration & Elections Division at 650.312.5222.
Voters may mail in the voted ballot or deliver it in person to any Voting Center or city/ town hall in the county. To be counted, voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and physically received no later than Friday, June 10, 2016. The Registration & Elections Division also has a drive-up 24-hour drop-box in its parking lot. The drop box, polling places and Voting Centers close at 8 p.m. on Election Day.
For more information on the June 7, 2016 Presidential Primary Election, please call 650.312.5222, visit www.shapethefuture.org or follow us on Twitter @smcvote.