1. Vote by Mail
Permanent Vote by Mail Application
Learn more on how to receive a vote by mail ballot for all qualified elections without having to apply each time.
2. Vote Early at the Voting Centers
October 11-November 8, 2016
California law allows voters to cast their ballot any time during the 29 day period prior to Election Day. You may vote in person with your mailed ballot or on the electronic voting machine (eSlate) at either of our three Voting Centers.
- San Mateo County Elections Office
40 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402
- Office of the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder
555 County Center, 1st Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063
- South San Francisco Public Library
840 West Orange Ave., South San Francisco 94080
Voting Center Hours:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturdays (October 29 and November 5)
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Election Day, November 8, 2016
7 a.m.-8 p.m.
Vote on the eSlate
The eSlate is an electronic voting device, also known as a Direct Recording Electronic (DRE) voting system. The eSlate has won acclaim for its ease of use, accessibility and accurate vote tabulation.
How to mark a paper ballot